We offer a fair and equal hiring process, with all candidates within or outside our network completing the same process. Keep your application as fun(ish) as possible & video responses within 30-60s.
We are hiring an Operations Manager
We are on the hunt for an Operations Manager to support our small team and provide ad hoc help with the delivery of our portfolio and brand activities.
If you’re a vibrant, high-energy, natural multi-tasker and the idea of a busy, varied operations role excites you, then we’d love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to take on a diverse, cross-functional role where no two days will ever be the same. You might start the day working on research projects for the partners, with a quick check-in on our social channels, before rounding off the day with ad-hoc book-keeping activities with the finance team. See, we told you it was a varied role!
You’ll be a strong communicator both in writing and verbally, are able to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure. And above all, you’ll be a detail-oriented individual with strong organisational skills, love juggling multiple tasks at once, and feel at home in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This role will report to our CFO so if you’re a proactive, innovative self-starter who takes initiative, and is able to work independently, please keep reading!
We are a product-focused, seed-stage venture capital fund based in London, investing in ambitious founders across Europe. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve made it our mission to back founders building opinionated products, crafted with love and loved by many. We are low-volume, high conviction investors, meaning we make ~10 deals per year. This allows us to have deep relationships with our founders and the portfolio companies that they build.
- Our mission: to back the best product-led software companies at Seed stage, and the ambitious founders who build them.
- Our investment thesis: To invest in opinionated products, crafted with love and loved by many.
- The companies we have backed: Such as Typeform, Citymapper, Soldo, TrueLayer, Curve, Kheiron, and Second Nature.
To fit the role, you should be excited reading a snapshot of some of the key responsibilities...
- The first point of contact for clients and guests on arrival at our offices
- Manage and oversee office supplies and suppliers
- Keep office stocked up (stationery, snacks, general office supplies)
- Coordinate any external office use e.g. for events, founders using the space
Team & Culture Ops
- Team event and travel planning, and booking
- Supporting the partners with diary management; research; deal flow ops; special projects
- Supporting the finance team on internal and external KYC
- Coordinating partners to DocuSign internal / external agreements etc
- Payment set up, receipt, and invoice management
- Supporting on all people-related activities to help achieve our people-related goals
- Assisting with championing company values, culture, and wellbeing initiatives to ensure that we’re designing a workplace that our team thrives in
- Working cross-functionally to determine areas for improvement within the business and implementing systems and processes to ensure that things run smoothly
Network & Brand
- General portfolio on-boarding, data tracking, and admin support
- Assist in planning wider ecosystem events and socials
- Create event pages & collateral materials, & track, collate and maintain RSVP lists
- Manage attendee check-in, venue, and on-the-day logistics
- Own event space set up (assembling, dismantling, and moving furniture before and after the event). Ensuring event setup meets the event requirements.
- Keep an up to date list of the best venues for different types of events
- Assisting with social media management across our key channels
- Ad hoc project research
Traits and Skills
You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- Minimum 1-2 years prior operations and/or office manager experience preferably in a small startup
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to act confidently within a team and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Excellent organisation, attention to detail, and communication skills
- A can-do attitude
- A superstar all-rounder who’s a team player, a problem solver, and a natural fixer always on the hunt for the right solution to the challenge at hand, however big or small
- A continuous learner always keen to take on new tasks, and learn to use new software
- A dynamic and adaptable personality - you bring your heart and soul
- A doer with drive and ambition to get things done and see results
Perks & Compensation
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Top-tier private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- A generous holiday allowance including office closure over the Christmas period
- Beautiful, loft space office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Healthy and delicious office snacks & drinks
- A real commitment to supporting employee wellbeing through offline and online offerings
Connect Ventures Culture
- We value excellence, collaboration, continuous improvement, and hustle.
- +1 for strong opinions, loosely held.
- We are all different; we recognize and cherish that.
- We cultivate radical candor (we call it tough love).
- We go all in. We’re selective about who we work with, be it founders or external partners. But once we’re in, we’re collaborators, co-creators, and co-conspirators.
- We win by being us. We do things our own way, whether we’re celebrating wins and good times, or learning from losses and f*ck-ups.
- We have fun. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard and play hard.
We want someone who isn’t afraid to bring their full self to work. We’re a close-knit team that feels like a work family. Don’t be shy about sharing your interests outside of work. Whether you’re into cooking, gaming, singing, hula hooping, or even Twilight fiction, we’re not fussed! We just want you to be a passionate, enthusiastic individual with a good sense of humour and an ability to crack a smile even when the going gets tough!
And finally, we’d ideally love to have our new team member join us by early July 2021!